Students in Saarland University's "Mathematics" master's degree work in small groups and receive individual support. The graduates of the course are therefore ideally prepared for a demanding national and international research and development activity in the field of mathematics.
The research-oriented master’s program offers training in the following areas:
- Algebra, Geometry and Number Theory
- Didactics of mathematics
- Mathematical data analysis
There is close cooperation with the Department of Computer Science and the Max Planck Institute for Computer Science in the areas of discrete mathematics, complexity theory and algorithmic geometry.
- For more information please visit the official website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics Financial Mathematics View 8 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree from a German university or equivalent degree from a foreign university in a degree program in mathematics or a related subject
- Proof of English language skills at an advanced level (usually C1)
- Proof of professional competencies that correspond to those imparted in the Bachelor's degree in "Mathematics" at Saarland University
- a dossier and two qualifying reports that document the interest in studying
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Students are exempted from tuition fees. However, they have to pay the semester fee of 124 EUR
Living costs for Saarbrücken
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.