Students at Saarland University's Language and Communication Technologies study at two of the participating universities within the consortium, which, in addition to Saarland University, includes universities in the Czech Republic, France, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands and Spain. Students can combine modules from the fields of language technology, computational linguistics, theoretical linguistics and computer science in a way that reflects their own personal academic interests. Depending on the focus of the modules and courses taken, graduates from the program will be awarded either an M.Sc. or an MA degree from each of the two universities at which they studied.
Each student receives support and guidance from two academic supervisors - one from each of the student's two chosen universities. Students work with their supervisors to develop an individual study plan, which then has to be approved by the study committee that represents the consortium. The Master's thesis project is jointly supervised and can be carried out at either or both of the chosen institutions. The Master's thesis is defended in front of a jury whose members are drawn from the two chosen universities. A number of scholarships and other funding sources are available to financially support students on the Master's program.
- For more information please visit the official website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Languages General Engineering & Technology View 43 other Masters in Languages in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a personal statement of interest written in English. Please write no more than two pages focusing on:
- your reasons for applying
- your areas of interest in relation to the various sub-disciplines within the field of language and communication technologies (language technology, computational and theoretical linguistics, and computer science)
- optional: your preferences for the host and partner universities together with the reasons for your choice. While your preferences will be taken into account, the final assignment will be made to best match with your study needs.
- an up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV), written in English
- certified copies of:
- your Bachelor's degree certificate
- relevant certification that you fulfill the necessary language requirements
- a transcript of academic records
- a copy of your identity document.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Students are exempted from tuition fees. However, they have to pay the semester fee of 124 EUR
Living costs for Saarbrücken
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.