Saarland University is the only university in Germany to have a cluster of excellence and a graduate school in computer science approved by the federal and state governments as part of the excellence initiative.
Computer Science (Informatics) Master’s students find ideal conditions in Saarbrücken for a successful, interdisciplinary and research-oriented degree in computer science. In courses on central areas of theoretical and practical computer science, abstraction skills and mathematical-technical understanding are trained. In addition, the Saarbrücken master’s course offers options for individual design of the course. Block courses during the semester break allow you to study particularly quickly.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- For more information please visit the official website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences View 53 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a bachelor's degree or equivalent degree from a German or foreign university in the computer science course or in a related course or proof of equivalent performance,
- Knowledge of English at an advanced level for the subject study as well
- the particular suitability according to the following criteria:
- the achievements and school grades achieved in the previous academic career,
- the special interest in studying documented in the form of a letter of motivation,
- two qualifying reports as well
- Relevant international and practical experience.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Students are exempted from tuition fees. However, they have to pay the semester fee of 124 EUR
Living costs for Saarbrücken
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.