The Chinese Studies programme of the University of Malaya provides an interdisciplinary approach to produce knowledgeable graduates in the field of Sinology in order to mobilize and contribute to community and national development. This programme is designed to accommodate fresh graduates and industry practitioners to enable them to acquire new knowledge and increase their competitiveness to fulfil the increasing demand in the field of Sinology.
- Research officer
- Academic member (Higher Institution)
- Marketing / Management Officer
- Writer / Freelancer
- Media workers (Publishing manager / Editor / Reporter)
- Language planner in advertisement and travel company
- Manager in hotel and conglomerate company from China
- History of China
- The Chinese Society in Southeast Asia
- Classical Chinese Literature
- Contemporary China
- Mahua Literature
- Special Topics in Chinese Studies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Literature View 29 other Masters in Language Studies in Malaysia
- A bachelor’s degree from University of Malaya with CGPA 3.0 or above or equivalent qualification from other institutions approved by Senate; or
- A bachelor’s degree from University of Malaya or equivalent qualification from other institutions approved by Senate with a minimum of three (3) years of working experience; and
- Fulfilled the language requirement of English, Chinese and Malay language.
- An interview will be conducted if needed.
International9377 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9377 USD per year during 12 months.
National4403 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4403 USD per year during 12 months.
- 18,122 RM - Local
- 38,595 RM - International
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.