The International Advanced Science program of Tohoku University is a five-year graduate program combining a two-year master's program and a three-year doctoral program. Admission for the three-year doctoral program is also available. Each student is affiliated with one of six departments: Mathematics, Physics, Astronomy, Geophysics, Chemistry, and Earth Science.Each department determines its own curriculum and course requirements, and the availability of classes varies depending on the semester and/or departments. Students may consult their supervisor about their research plan each semester before registration.
- Survey in Algebra
- Survey in Geometry
- Advanced Quantum Field Theory
- Nuclear Theory
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application for Admission Original
- Statement of Reason for Applying for the Program
- Research Proposal
- Summary of Past Research
- Recommendation Letter - (2)
- Transcripts of Undergraduate Program
- Transcripts of Graduate Program (if applicable)
- Certificate of Graduation
- Certificate of Expected Graduation
- Bachelor thesis in full with English abstract
- Master thesis in full with English abstract (if applicable)
- Research papers published in journals or conference proceedings
- Papers submitted in coursework related to the field of research
- GRE® Test score report
- Score report of TOEFL iBT® Test, TOEFL PBT® Test, or IELTS
- Certificate to prove that the medium of instruction is/was English
- Score report of an English tests other than TOEFL iBT® Test, TOEFL PBT® Test, or IELTS
- Thesis/research paper in English
- Letter of English proficiency from an English Instructor
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Photocopy of passport
- Email Correspondence with your Prospective Supervisor
International2057 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2057 EUR per year during 24 months.
National2057 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2057 EUR per year during 24 months.
- 267,900 JPY per year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.