The primary focus of these analyses is - in both a theoretical and a practical sense - molecular network analyses on various levels (genomic, proteomic, and metabolomics).
In the first year of the Molecular Life Sciences programme at Friedrich Schiller University Jena, students will already take three advanced courses from the areas of developmental biology, cell biology, molecular genetics, system biology, and biophysics in addition to the core courses required for all students.
In the second year, students will gain more profound knowledge and understanding of a specialisation area of their choice by completing both an internship focusing on methods and directed research in a project internship.
- After completing this programme, graduates are qualified for positions in related industries, especially biotechnology.
- They may also choose to pursue additional academic qualifications (PhD), such as in the areas of bioinformatics, biochemistry, developmental biology, evolution biology, genetics, microbiology, molecular medicine, molecular biology, system biology, and cell biology.
- The Friedrich Schiller University as well as many other universities in Germany and abroad offer PhD programmes in these fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The MSc Molecular Life Sciences offers a great deal of practical work and independent projects.
- This gives students the chance to design and conduct scientific research as well as to document and present their results orally and in writing (particularly in English).
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMicrobiology Molecular Sciences View 32 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Registration form
- Motivation letter
- University entrance qualification certificate
- Previous university degrees earned
- Detailed transcript of records
- Proof of relevant work experience
- Proof of subject-specific practical experience
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- Semester contribution € 256
Living costs for Jena
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.