The study programme provides extensive knowledge of synthesis, chemistry and the properties of novel functional materials. The entire spectrum from the molecule via nanoscale materials to the bulk materials will be discussed.
- The M.Sc. study programme in Chemistry of Materials from Friedrich Schiller University Jena is strongly researched-oriented.
- The graduates will be primarily employed in companies involved in materials chemistry research and development, but also in quality assurance and control as well as in sustainability assessment facilities.
- Alternatively (high-performing) graduates can pursue a scientific career and participate in one of the Ph.D. programmes of the Friedrich Schiller University Jena.
- Due to its modularity and its focus on current research topics, the study programme can be designed individually by choosing either an analytical or computational focus.
- Structural Principles in Materials Science
- Functional Materials and Nanomaterials
- Materials Synthesis
- Research Laboratory Work
- Scientific Internship
- Organization, Project Management and Reporting in the Scientific Field
- German as a Foreign Language
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Materials Science & Engineering Chemistry View 59 other Masters in Chemistry in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Registration form
- Motivation letter
- University entrance qualification certificate
- Previous university degrees earned
- Detailed transcript of records
- Proof of relevant work experience
- Proof of subject-specific practical experience
- Proof of language proficiency
- Semester contribution € 266,10
Living costs for Jena
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.