What you'll study
The International Tax Law LLM provides a comprehensive programme of study in tax law with a strong international and comparative focus. International taxation has grown in prominence and importance in recent years, and the LLM programme is designed to give students a thorough grounding in both substantive tax rules and tax policy and to equip them for future practice. We offer a range of international, jurisdiction specific and subject specific modules, all of which are taught by leading academics and practitioners.
You will be offered a varied selection of taught modules from which you can choose, enabling you to gear your qualification to set you on your desired career trajectory. You do not have to choose your modules until you have had the opportunity to learn about them in greater detail during your comprehensive induction period.
Please note that not all elective modules will be offered every year.
You will have access to an excellent series of lectures in Critical Thinking and Writing in Law to help you to improve your writing and research in law skills.
This International Tax Law LLM programme at Queen Mary University of London will enhance your career options by allowing you to specialise in the highly sought after interdisciplinary areas of law, economics and finance. There is a very high rate of employment of our students within six months of graduation. We have specialist career advisers who organise events and assist with finding internship opportunities at UK and international law firms and other employers.
Graduates of the LLM have gone on to work in:
- private practice
- international organisations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Taxation
- Tax System Design and Policy in Emerging and Developing Economies
- US International Taxation
- Transfer Pricing
- Tax and Technology
- International Tax Law
- International Tax Law in Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Law Master of Laws (LLM) Taxation View 395 other Masters in International Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:1 or above at undergraduate level in Law or a degree with substantial law content.
- Law graduates with a 2:2 honours degree who also have other legal qualifications and/or substantial professional legal experience may also qualify.
- Non-law graduates with a minimum second class honours degree, that have also obtained a Merit (or 60 per cent) in the Common Professional Examination (CPE) or Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL) recognised by the UK professional bodies, may also qualify. Non-law graduates may also be considered on the basis of exceptional professional experience (of at least five years) in a legal area or an area directly related to their programme of study.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International26250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National17250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17250 GBP per year during 12 months.
- UK: £8,650
- International: £13,150
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.