An essential part of the master’s degree is the creation of a body of work presented as a thesis which demonstrates ability in research methods, analytics and report writing. The graduates of this programme will be independent learners, good problem solvers and experienced researchers.
Students on this MSc in Applied Cyber Security from Technological University Dublin, will also have the opportunity to take part in Capture-the Flag competitions and through their course work, engage with real world problems with companies so that graduates from the programme have the necessary skills to make a difference in the work place.
The MSc in Applied Cyber Security will give the skills and knowledge to secure business and personal data and allow graduates to work as security professionals in any of the business and industry sectors.
Former graduates currently work in Deloitte, Integrity360, Fidelity Investiments, Triology, Forcepoint, Rits, Espion, BH-Consulting, Liberty IT, Cobalt Technology, Ward Solutions and larger international companies like Qualcomm, IBM, Deloitte, EY, KPMG, Grant Thornton, Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Ericsson, Zurick Insurance and many more.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Digital Forensics
- Secure Communication and Cryptography
- Network Security
- Research Skills and Ethics
- Electives (Choose any two electives):
- Secure Programming
- Application Security
- Business Continuity and Cloud Security
- Cyber Crime Malware
- Security Intelligence
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIT Security Terrorism & Security Cyber Security View 180 other Masters in Cyber Security in United Kingdom
- Up to Date Passport
- Grading Scale
- Degree / Date of Completion (Both Original Language & Translated)
- Transcripts for each year of study (Both Original Language & Translated)
- Proof of English Proficiency / Date of Exam
- Up to Date Resume
- Statement of Purpose (Some helpful tips for writing a personal statement/SOP to support your application for this course are listed below)
- We suggest you include some or all of the following points:
- Your statement should be approximately 500 words
- Your reasons for choosing the course
- What interests you about your chosen subject
- Any job, work experience, placement or voluntary work you have done, particularly if it is relevant to your subject. You may want to include the skills and experience you have gained from these activities
- What evidence you have to show that you can complete a higher education course that is taught in English.
- Please say if some of your studies have been assessed in English.
International14500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21750 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
EU/EEA5666 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8500 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.