Biomedical Technology from Cape Peninsula University of Technology teaches students to contribute to knowledge production through the understanding, application and evaluation of existing and new knowledge.
Qualified medical technologists are employed in laboratories in Blood Transfusion Services, private pathology practices, the National Health Laboratory Services, the Medical Research Council, forensic laboratories, veterinary practices and other disciplines such as pharmaceutical companies.
Opportunities also exist for medical technologists to become involved in research at academic institutions. Registered medical technologists may also apply for a license to practice in a private capacity in their own laboratories.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Medical Technology
- Health Sciences
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine Biotechnology View 4 other Masters in Biomedicine in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An HEQSF aligned Level 8 qualification or an equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
- A pass in the language which is the medium of instruction at the University (English or Afrikaans).
- Specific pass grades: IGCSE: A, B or C; HIGCSE: 1, 2 or 3.
- Complete and legible transcripts of academic records in respect of all degrees or other higher education qualifications, together with the final certificates, preceding qualifications leading to any post-graduate or other advanced qualification when the latter is submitted.
- Certificates in foreign languages should be submitted with sworn translations into English by an accredited translator.
- English language proficiency
International544 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 544 EUR per year during 12 months.
National544 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 544 EUR per year during 12 months.
Estimated fee: 9435 ZAR
Living costs for Cape Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.