Electrical Engineering - Smart Grid from Cape Peninsula University of Technology aims to integrate its education and research programmes into a cohesive system, providing students with modern technology platforms for relevant and industry-responsive education, with a high degree of work-integrated learning.
Students at Electrical Engineering - Smart Grid from Cape Peninsula University of Technology will:
- engage at the highest level of engineering
- continue to impact on the development of high-end engineering skills as a basis for industrial competitiveness.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Renewable energy sources
- Smart energy demand on electrical power grids,
- Design a smart grid,
- Optimal power flow (OPF) solutions
- Electrical power system
- Intelligent electrical power system dynamics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Energy & Power Engineering View 22 other Masters in Electronics & Embedded Technology in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An HEQSF aligned Level 8 qualification or an equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
- A pass in the language which is the medium of instruction at the University (English or Afrikaans).
- Specific pass grades: IGCSE: A, B or C; HIGCSE: 1, 2 or 3.
- Complete and legible transcripts of academic records in respect of all degrees or other higher education qualifications, together with the final certificates, preceding qualifications leading to any post-graduate or other advanced qualification when the latter is submitted.
- Certificates in foreign languages should be submitted with sworn translations into English by an accredited translator.
- English language proficiency
International203 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 203 EUR per year during 24 months.
National203 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 203 EUR per year during 24 months.
The Upfront payment for a day student will be R3 500.The upfront payment for students staying at Residence will be R5 000.
Living costs for Cape Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.