Electrical Engineering from Cape Peninsula University of Technology teaches student to conduct independent research, under minimum guidance, in a chosen field of Electrical Engineering, and contribute to knowledge production in that field. The research problem, its justification, process and outcome is reported in a dissertation that complies with the generally accepted norms for research at that level.
Graduates may follow a career in research and development in industry, or may be employed at research institutes. They are also employed in teaching and research positions at higher education institutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electrical Engineering
- Advanced Control System Design
- Advanced Power Electronics
- Power Systems for Aerospace, Marine and Automotive
- Advanced Electrical Machines
- Electric Machines, Drives and their Applications
- Power Electronic Applications and Control
- Power Networks
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Energy & Power Engineering Mechatronics View 16 other Masters in Electrical Engineering in South Africa
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An HEQSF aligned Level 8 qualification or an equivalent in an appropriate discipline.
- A pass in the language which is the medium of instruction at the University (English or Afrikaans).
- Specific pass grades: IGCSE: A, B or C; HIGCSE: 1, 2 or 3.
- Complete and legible transcripts of academic records in respect of all degrees or other higher education qualifications, together with the final certificates, preceding qualifications leading to any post-graduate or other advanced qualification when the latter is submitted.
- Certificates in foreign languages should be submitted with sworn translations into English by an accredited translator.
- English language proficiency
International203 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 203 EUR per year during 12 months.
National203 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 203 EUR per year during 12 months.
The Upfront payment for a day student will be R3 500.The upfront payment for students staying at Residence will be R5 000.
Living costs for Cape Town
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.