Why do you choose this course?
Students will be trained, alongside the knowledge in medical area, in the area of health care technology and management, with specific focus on chronic diseases. The relevance of the medical needs related to chronic diseases is constantly increasing, for high economic and social costs, incidence of these diseases and the aging of the population in modern countries. In chronic patients the goal of treatment is not limited to disease progression and complications but also to improve the quality of life. This is possible thanks to proper patient management and care over the long term, by shifting the center of gravity from hospital to home care.
According to this vision, new technologies and new management systems are mandatory for care continuity. The hospitals, according to a widespread and shared opinion, will become high-tech centers for high complexity care, while new technologies will prevent hospitalization by increasing prevention, remote home-/self-care and monitoring.
The Engineering and Management for Health program of the University of Bergamo deals with new trends and guidelines for health care services and professionals, for promoting new professional profile dealing with welfare strategies, organization, operational set-up of facilities as well as the use of hardware and software devices, their connection and data processing. The main objective of the course is to train a new professional figure able to operate in a national and international context and to combine management models (business models) and adequate technologies to answer to urgent needs of health care, such as increasing costs, technology innovation, dynamics of the market and aging of the population.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cardiovascular medicine
- General medicine
- Mathematical methods for engineers
- Technology entrepreneurship and strategy
- Process management in healthcare
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Health Management General Engineering & Technology View 94 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A three-year degree (university degree) or other qualification acquired abroad and recognized as equivalent, and have the appropriate knowledge of basic subjects of engineering (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry), of characterizing topics for the BSc Degree in "Industrial engineering” (Class L-9), as well as of biomedical engineering (including fundamentals in biology and medicine)
- In particular, access will be granted to those who have acquired at least 39 CFU in basic educational activities, and in particular at least 21 ECTS in the disciplinary field "Mathematics, computer science and statistics"
- English language (B2 level certificate or equivalent) is required
International400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 400 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA400 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 400 EUR per year during 24 months.
- The first installment can range between 0,00 and 400,00 €
- The second installment is up to an amount of 430,00 €
Living costs for Bergamo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.