With weekly classes in a range of dance styles, voice, acting, and singing (including audition technique), students will forma company and use these skills to engage in continued and collaborative development of new work (alongside students from the other MAs), guided by leading directors and practitioners working in the industry today. Working towards public performances at the end of the year, students will leave prepared for auditions, the rehearsal process and the life of a working actor, having developed the knowledge, skills and contacts necessary to succeed in this highly-demanding industry.
Professional Training during the Musical Theatre Company course at Leeds ConservatoireStudents will take weekly classes in each discipline of musical theatre in order to develop as fully-rounded performers who are able to hold their own in this highly-competitive industry. With a dual focus on technique and individualism, students will benefit from focused individual training in singing, audition techniqueand scene work, as well as group work in dance,ensemble singing and acting. Using leading professional performers in the industry as bench marks, tutors will ensure students leave with drama school training that will be show cased in various public performances throughout the year.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What you will study?
- Creative and Collaborative Thinking
- Skills for the Musical Theatre Performer
- Performance project
- Applied Musical Theatre Context
- Major project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMusic Music History Theatre & Dance View 232 other Masters in Music in United Kingdom
- A good honours degree in any subject, with an upper 2nd (2:1) classification or equivalent, usually theatre, music or
- Equivalent professional experience may also be accepted and reviewed at application and audition stages (see our APEL process).
- All suitable applicants are invited for interview and/or audition
- All students requiring a visa to study in the UK must meet the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) department's English
- Language requirement of IELTS 6.0 with no sub-test less than 5.5
Living costs for Leeds
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.