- biochemists, capable of understanding the structure, functioning and evolution of macromolecules that form the basis of the structure, functioning and programming of living organisms;
- Molecular and cellular biologists who understand how cells interact with each other, how they grow, adapt, differentiate and die.
Your future job
By touching the very essence of life, biology is the cornerstone of many scientific disciplines: analysis of genetic information, genome sequencing, biotechnology, etc.
Along with chemistry, it contributes to the design of new products. In interaction with physics, it generates new methods for the detection of diseased cells, for example cancer cells.
Our graduates exercise their skills in scientific, fundamental or applied research in research institutes or private laboratories, in expertise and resource management in the private or public sector, in education, training and communication.
The Master in Biochemistry and Molecular and Cell Biology from Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) offers you:
- original pedagogical tools: workshop, tutorial thesis;
- the possibility of discovering, during three fifteen-day periods, specialized laboratories of Louvain Institute of Biomolecular Science and Technology (LIBST) ;
- advanced training in experimental research, through a one-year thesis in a laboratory of your choice;
- a professional immersion internship in a laboratory or a company, in Belgium or abroad;
- the possibility of carrying out the internship or part of the master's degree abroad.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Structural and functional biochemistry
- Bioinformatics : DNA and protein sequences
- Integrated molecular and cellular biology
- Biochemical analysis
- Genetic engineering
- Cell culture technology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Microbiology Molecular Sciences View 8 other Masters in Molecular Sciences in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 1. an undergraduate (first-cycle) degree in the same field of study;
- 2. the same Master’s (second-cycle) degree, but with a different specialization (focus);
- 3. a long-cycle undergraduate or Master’s degree, in accordance with a decision by the academic authorities and subject to the additional requirements that they lay down;
- 4. a degree comparable to those mentioned above, awarded by a higher education institution, within or outside the French Community of Belgium, in accordance with a decision by the academic authorities and subject to the additional requirements that they lay down;
- 5. a short-cycle undergraduate degree, in accordance with a decision by the Government or the academic authorities
- 6. a degree obtained abroad and deemed equivalent to those mentioned above, in accordance with this Decree, a European directive, an international convention or other legislation, subject to the same requirements.
International4175 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4175 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Louvain-la-Neuve
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.