The Specialized Master in Public Health Methodology from Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) is addressed to public health professionals, health managers, who work at different levels of the health system, with a view to providing them with a specific skills needed for health system management and development of analytical and specialized approaches to strengthen their action strategies (operational research, health planning, health services research, health strategies and management). The targeted skills aim at the achievement of an overall objective which is to: "ensure methodological approaches and public health decision-makings, consistent with the needs of people, communities and individuals."
This Advanced Master thus highlights the methodologies of analysis and investigation of major health issues in developing countries and in a global health approach. It also intends to give to the students a sufficient basis for a systemic understanding of health issues as well as contextual and environmental factors that determine the answers to them.
By the variety of teaching methods and by the commitment of teachers and students, this Advanced Master will enable health professionals to specialize in the aspects of the fight against disease and for a better health (epidemiology and biostatistics), organization and policy, systems and health services management (health economics aspects, management, health planning and operational research) as well as the development of social approaches to health and transversal skills such as research methodology, scientific writing and capitalization of public health actions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Seminars of epidemiological methods
- Protocol development and health examination survey
- Integration of statistical and epidemiological methods
- Biostatistics in public health, part I
- Sampling methods: theory and practice
- Biostatistics in public health: multivariate analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Management Health Sciences View 10 other Masters in Public Health in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- the general admission requirement for the course is that the applicants must possess a diploma at least equivalent to a master degree (5 years of university education).
- To be admitted, applicants must bear a 2nd cycle degree considered equivalent to 300 credits (minimum 5 years of study) by the Jury. If the degree represents only 240 credits (minimum 4 years of study), the candidate should have acquired 60 extra credits through other 2nd cycle studies or through some form of specialization, or must prove to have acquired the useful knowledge through personal or professional experience.
International4175 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4175 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Louvain-la-Neuve
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.