You would like to
- Imagine, design, and implement computer science systems that will shape the future;
- continue your education beyond the Bachelor’s degree with a major in computer sciences (or the equivalent);
- improve your theoretical knowledge and develop your technical expertise in fields like artificial intelligence, computer networks, information security, software engineering and programming systems;
- improve your interdisciplinary knowledge in areas such as foreign languages, resource management, teamwork, autonomy and ethics.
Your future job
- professionals who will design computer systems that meet users’ needs;
- innovators who can master a wide range of constantly evolving technologies;
- specialists capable of implementing software solutions with particular attention paid to product quality and its development process.
This Master in Computer Science from Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL) consists of:
- a core curriculum aiming to provide the knowledge and skills necessary to model and design complex applications. Topics covered include artificial intelligence, computer networking, software engineering, compilers and data bases;
- general knowledge courses such as classes in management and human resources (as a comprehensive university, UCL offers numerous general knowledge courses according to student interest);
- a graduation project that offers students the possibility to study a subject in-depth and thanks to its size, introduces students to the professional life of a computer scientist or researcher; the topic of this project is selected in consultation with the programme supervisors and possibly a company.
- Artificial intelligence
- Languages and translators
- Architecture and performance of computer systems
- Software engineering project
- Machine Learning :classification and evaluation
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 14 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Belgium
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- 1. an undergraduate (first-cycle) degree in the same field of study;
- 2. the same Master’s (second-cycle) degree, but with a different specialization (focus);
- 3. a long-cycle undergraduate or Master’s degree, in accordance with a decision by the academic authorities and subject to the additional requirements that they lay down;
- 4. a degree comparable to those mentioned above, awarded by a higher education institution, within or outside the French Community of Belgium, in accordance with a decision by the academic authorities and subject to the additional requirements that they lay down;
- 5. a short-cycle undergraduate degree, in accordance with a decision by the Government or the academic authorities
- 6. a degree obtained abroad and deemed equivalent to those mentioned above, in accordance with this Decree, a European directive, an international convention or other legislation, subject to the same requirements.
International2505 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2505 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA835 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 835 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Louvain-la-Neuve
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.