It provides expertise of great relevance for those inclined to compete for a career within global- and domestic politics, public administration and civil society. The Political Science programme is offered by University of Gothenburg.
This expertise includes the quality of government and corruption, public opinion and democracy, the process of democratization, social dilemmas, political institutions and environmental politics.
We offer highly qualified studies in research method, both quantitative and qualitative. The opportunity to specialize in research method, through a selection of four different courses on two occasions (one mandatory and one optional) accounts for an additional preparation of our students for the job market.
Of course, the programme also brings the opportunity to internship, for either a half or a full semester. Diplomat, political advisor, project manager and analyst are examples of professions among the members of our alumni network.
The Master's Programme in Political Science is a state of the art education that prepares you for a professional career with advanced analysis of politics and society as a central element. Political scientists typically work within the field of research and investigation, power monitoring, public opinion formation, public administration, or politics. The degree also gives qualification to apply for doctoral studies in Political Science.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Quality of Government in a Comparative Perspective
- Global Security and Democracy
- Citizens, Politicians, and the Media: Evaluating Democratic Processes
- Further electives in the main field of political science, (including The Performance of Democracies)
- Environmental Politics and Institutions
- Varieties of Democracy and Democratization
- Applied Statistical Analysis
- Applied Qualitative Research Methods
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPolitical Science View 20 other Masters in Political Science in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree and at least 60 higher education credits (hec) in political science or equivalent skills. Applicants must prove their knowledge of English: English 6/English B from Swedish Upper Secondary School or the equivalent level of an internationally recognized test, for example TOEFL, IELTS.
International8101 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16203 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
- Full programme cost 170 000 SEK
- Application and tuition fees do not apply for EU/EEA citizens or exchange students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.