This Ethical Hacking and Cyber Security degree from Abertay University will put you in the ideal position to pursue a successful and often lucrative career. The industry is currently experiencing a major skills gap and global demand for ethical hackers. It’s not unusual for the salaries of our graduates to start at £35,000-£40,000.
We’re the only university in the UK to offer a Masters programme in ethical hacking. We want to change the way you view cyber security to adopt an offensive approach. The best way to beat a hacker is to be able to think like one!
Aimed at Computing/IT graduates, our MSc Ethical Hacking and Cybersecurity covers a wide range of subjects, including penetration testing, digital forensics, information security management, Malware analysis, port scanning, buffer overflows and password cracking. Our research-active teaching staff are at the forefront of new developments, allowing the programme to evolve to cover the latest techniques and guidelines.
There's an emerging job market for ethical hackers as companies become increasingly aware of security risks. Some large organisations employ security testers and others use contractors to audit their systems. Graduates can also set up their own companies offering ethical hacking services.
Graduates from this programme will also be able to use their existing knowledge of programming, databases, networks or web development to find employment in these fields, with a deep understanding of security issues.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Computer Security
- Digital Forensics
- Information and Network Security Management
- Ethical Hacking
- Engineering Resilient Systems Masters
- Research Methods
- Masters Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics IT Security Cyber Security View 51 other Masters in Cyber Security in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Applicants should have a minimum of a lower second-class (2:2) honours degree in the field of computing. The course is designed for students whose degree comprises a significant component of software development or networking.
- Applicants who do not cover the appropriate subjects during their degree will be considered if they have relevant industry experience. This would normally be a minimum of two years’ experience of working in the area of software development or networking in either a promoted post or with a significant level of responsibility.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National7500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7500 GBP per year during 24 months.
English, Welsh and Northern Irish Students: 10,000 GBP
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.