The Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree in Food Innovation and Product Design (FIPDes) operated by Université Paris Saclay and AgroParisTech (France), along with TU Dublin (Ireland), UNINA (Italy) and Lund University aims to provide a European dimension in the knowledge-intensive area of food research and development and is highly relevant for both EU and third country students who wish to be employed in the agrifood and drink sector. The programme was approved by the EU Commission in 2010 and started in 2011. The language of instruction of the FIPDes course is English with ample opportunities to learn the local languages and cultures.
Choosing FIPDes, it’s a unique opportunity to:
- Be able to successfully integrate and apply knowledge from different disciplines and cultural systems.
- Undertake front-running applied projects in collaboration with industrial and academic partners.
- Deepen your technical skills while exploring your creative abilities.
- Empower your adaptability and entrepreneurship capabilities.
- Shape a unique profile that would take many years to build when working in a company.
- Get the European experience and networks to be ready for new incoming professional challenges at local and global scales.
- Develop highly marketable soft-skills such as team-management, leadership, and English communication.
Graduates will be able to take on the huge challenges and opportunities in the sector of food innovation, along with product design and packaging. They will typically either start their own manufacturing or consulting business, find positions in and outside of Europe, either in their country or in a national branch of a major international food brand, or they will return to academia as doctoral students within the food/innovation field. Visit the programme webpage, www.fipdes.eu for an overview of previous FIPDes students’ current positions.
- Food Science and Technology
- R&D Project Management
- Food Design and Engineering,
- Healthy Food Design
- Food Packaging Design and Logistics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
The next round for application will open in October 2021 (for a start in September 2022).
DisciplinesFood Sciences View 7 other Masters in Food Sciences in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- BSc degree or equivalent degree of at least 180 higher education credits in food science and technology, biotechnology, process engineering, biochemistry, nutrition or foodrelated fields with a number of prerequisites (e.g. chemistry, biotechnology, process technology/engineering, biochemistry, mathematics, statistics) representing at least three years of study from a foreign institute of higher education.
- English language proficiency level (“B2 level” according to The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), advanced) demonstrated in one of the following ways: TOEFL at minimum level 575; Internet-based TOEFL at minimum level 90; IELTS at minimum level 6.5, Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency; students with English as their mother tongue (a copy of the passport is needed to prove this);
International9000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Lund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.