We offer at the University of Essex many opportunities for you to explore medically relevant research in the School of Life Sciences including hospital-based sessions through our collaboration with local cancer specialists and clinicians.
An important and exciting part of your Cancer Biology programme is an extensive independent research project, based in one of our academic research groups using advanced laboratories facilities and bioinformatics tools. There are also opportunities for research projects to take place within an industrial or clinical setting.
- Graduates who are skilled in the research methods embedded into your course are in demand from the biotechnology and biomedical research industries in this area of the UK and beyond.
- Many of our Masters students progress to study for a PhD, and there are many opportunities within our school leading to a career in science.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Cancer Biology
- Gene Technology and Synthetic Biology
- Protein Technologies
- Professional Skills and the Business of Biosciences
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- We recommend that you apply as soon as you are able to .
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biology Genetics View 236 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
- A degree with an overall 2.2 or equivalent in a relevant subject such as : Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences, Genetics, Pharmacology, Medicine, Chemistry.
- Your Degree should contain some Biology/Medical components including Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Molecular Genetics, Drug Design, Immunology, Microbiology and Virology. We will consider applicants with an unrelated degree but with relevant work experience in Biology or Medicine.
International18800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18800 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8760 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8760 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Colchester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.