Key facts for Sustainable Materials programme from University of Leoben:
- The backbone of the master's Sustainable Materials at the University of Leoben programmes is a solid technical basis broadly covering aspects of materials and processing, sustainability and recycling, circular (eco)design and life cycle engineering, materials substitution and manufacturing (60 ECTS). This is completed with courses on entrepreneurship and innovation (30 ECTS), an internship (6 ECTS), and the master's thesis (24 ECTS). The internship and thesis are positioned in companies strongly related to the field of sustainable and raw materials.
- Two partner universities form one track, supplying 60 ECTS points each. Depending on the chosen track, the student studies either the first or the second year at Montanuniversitaet Leoben and the corresponding other year at one of the partner universities.
- Ceramic Materials and Powder Metallurgy
- Materials Characterization Techniques
- Materials Modelling & Simulation Techniques
- Design & Analysis of Experimentation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Geology General Engineering & Technology View 28 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The students should have a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Engineering (or equivalent), as well as English language proficiency. Candidates must meet the admission criteria of the master’s programmes of both partner institutions of their chosen track.
- Fees vary based on programme track and country of origin.
Living costs for Leoben
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.