- It aims to provide students with a comprehensive set of analytical skills, robust training in research methods, and a thorough understanding of key issues such as global governance and development, economic growth and sustainability, conflict over limited resources, new emerging powers and social movements, and ongoing trends in inequalities in livings standards.
- The Master's programme in International Development at the Pompeu Fabra University combines theory and practice and provides students with both academic rigour and policy relevance. Over 60 courses in international studies are taught every year by leading academics and an international array of distinguished scholars. In addition, students have access to visiting academics, serving officials, government experts and practitioners who give regular public lectures and research seminars at IBEI.
- IBEI’s teaching model is organized around lectures, seminars and small tutorials. Modules are capped and candidates are expected to actively participate in the form of presentations, group work and assignment writing. In addition, students are assigned a personal tutor and their progress is monitored throughout the academic year. IBEI also develops transferable skills that students can apply in their future international careers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Growth Models and Development Strategies
- Governance, National and Global Institutions
- Research Methods in International Development
- Programme Evaluation in Development
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science View 26 other Masters in International Relations in Spain
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are required to have a good undergraduate degree or its international equivalent, of at least six semesters, in the field of social sciences (political sciences, international relations, economics or equivalent) from an accredited institution of higher education either in Spain or abroad. If you are applying with a degree from the European Higher Education Area (EHEA), a minimum of 180 ECTS is required.
International11160 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11160 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA11160 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11160 EUR per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.