This MSc Sustainability and Water Security from University of Dundee will be taught in close cooperation with the University's world-leading Centre for Water Law, Policy and Science (a UNESCO category 2 Water Centre).
Securing access to clean water for all is a Sustainable Development Goal and one the most important sustainability questions worldwide.
Develop your ability to analyse, evaluate, and critically review theory and policy debates relating to sustainability. You will be able to draw on international perspectives and examples of best practice in relation to methods of evaluation and assessment of water sustainability.
You will design and plan interventions for creating change to promote greater water security across different scales in various parts of the world, including in post-conflict regions. You will design and complete a dissertation to address significant areas of the theory and practice of water management under the supervision of leading experts in the field.
In 2015, all UN countries pledged support for the 17 Sustainable Development Goals to achieve a more prosperous future for all while protecting natural resources. This course aligns itself closely to these goals and you will have the opportunity to learn more about them during your studies.Remote internships
As part of this course you have the opportunity to undertake a remote internship in conjunction with Pagoda Projects, with host companies in destinations including China, Mexico, Vietnam and the UK. These internships offer valuable work experience and are designed to increase your cultural understanding and employability skills.
As societies move to become more sustainable and develop low-carbon economies, this course will place you in the fast-growing area of energy, environment, society and governance (EESG) sections of firms, governments and consultancies and international relief organisations.
It will give you the necessary skills and knowledge to take up a wide range of careers in:
- policy development and advice
- practical management of water resources
- disaster relief organisations both governmental and non-governmental
- law firms
- training and research
- Just Transition to a Low-Carbon Economy
- Principles of Sustainability
- Energy and Climate Science, Policy and Litigation
- The Political Economy of Climate Change and Environment
- Quantitative Methods in Social Research
- Qualitative Methods in Social Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Sustainable Energy Natural Resource Management View 57 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in United Kingdom
- An honours degree in Law, Geography, Environmental Science/Studies, Planning, Engineering, or Business Studies at lower second class or above.
- Consideration will also be given to applicants with other academic backgrounds who explain clearly their motivation for undertaking the relevant MSc, outlining any relevant work experience.
International19900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19900 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8350 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8350 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Dundee
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.