The need for preservation, conservation, and rehabilitation of heritage sites is not new, however, working as an expert in the restoration sector is a relatively young specialization in architecture worldwide.
We endeavor to develop new knowledge, raise new questions based on the changing contexts, while at the same time equip ourselves with the best practices in the sector of Building Restoration. Our Program 'Architectural and Cultural Heritage' at the Anhalt University of Applied Sciences is an amalgamation of Theory, Design, and Research and is closely connected with the region's UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the State Office for the Preservation of Historical Monuments in Saxony-Anhalt, and the State Archives in Saxony-Anhalt.
There are countless career possibilities for graduates of the Architectural and Cultural Heritage Master’s Degree Program. Some popular choices include working as an expert in restoration projects, project management for historical sites, developing concepts for a thoughtful and intentional approach to restoration and conservation of monuments/ buildings, and historical building research work, often to work in and contribute to the academic field.
Major fields of study:
- Architectural Heritage Preservation
- Historic Gardens
- Architectural Theory
- Urban Design
- Conservation and Organic Material
- Design and Historical Cities
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Area & Cultural Studies Landscape Architecture View 89 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The master program Architectural and Cultural Heritage (MAC) is proud to attract students from all over the world to come and study in the famous Bauhaus City Dessau.
- This Master of Arts Program requires successful completion of a Diploma or a Bachelor/Master's degree in the field of Architecture, Archaeology, History of Art, Civil Engineering, Geography, Facility Management, History, Interior Design, or Surveying Technology. Other alternatively, relevant professional experience related to cultural heritage preservation can be considered.
- We accept Bachelor and Diploma degrees with a minimum of 3 years of the regular curriculum; either has to amount to 180 credits to be eligible.
International750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA750 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 750 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Bernburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.