Most innovations in the automotive sector have been based on electronics and software. Developments such as mobility services, autonomous driving or automated driving, networking, infotainment and e-mobility contribute significantly to the industry. With the number of software-controlled functions in an automatic car, its IT architecture is also changing towards central, virtual high-speed computers.
The goal of this Software Engineering programme from the University of Europe for Applied Sciences is to provide students with the most the state-of-the-art technology that will enable them to work and innovate in the automotive domain and any other business domain available in the market today.
In this Software Engineering (M.Sc.) program, students not only learn the current challenges in software design and architecture, but they are also taught to develop solutions to these challenges.
They will also learn about the emerging trends in pattern recognition and vehicular technologies. Students will learn to build software and design and implement smart software using cloud computing and machine learning.
The subject areas specifically considered in this degree program include:
- Advanced software design and analysis technology
- Processing of large amounts of data
- Vehicular technologies including sensors and networks
- Smart systems and decision-making systems
- The creation of parallel computing or distributed software (Internet of Things, mobile apps)
- Pattern precognition for detecting objects to be used in smart systems and autonomous driving
- The creation and maintenance of complex software products
- Security and reliability issues
- The transition to and operation of software products
Each course is delivered by an industry expert in the subject. Teaching methods include classroom learning practicals and group work; class sizes are kept small to facilitate interaction and to promote effective learning. Each subject is taught at least once a year (and some are taught two) and most can be studied in any order; th"
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- For more information, please visit the programme's website.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- 1 year: (60 ECTS)
- 1.5 years: (90 ECTS)
- 2 years: (120 ECTS)
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Software Engineering View 30 other Masters in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official translation to English or German for those documents in different language.
- German taught programmes needs both English / German language certificate
- Minimum English language level is B1
- German taught programmes needs both English / German language certificate* : Minimum English language level is B1
- Application form
- Secondary School Diploma / Certificate
- Bachelor’s degree certificate and transcript of records. Relevance of your bachelor’s degree subject to the master’s degree programme and number of credits (Equivalent to 180 or 240 ECTS credits depending on the Master’s programme).
- English / German language certificate* or request to waive**
- CV - up to date
- Passport copy
- Letter of motivation (around 500-800 words, stating the motivation for applying at UE and the respective programme)
- Work experience certificate if applicable, MBA: 1-year full time Work Experience required
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13188 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13188 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU/EEA8496 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8496 EUR per year during 12 months.
EU applicants: from 748 € monthly
Non-EU applicants: from 13,188 € yearly
Living costs for Hamburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.