Nursing Studies (Learning Disabilities) Pre-registration from Teesside University prepares you to become a confident and competent skilled practitioner, capable of leading and managing the care of people and their families. It also helps you to become a resilient and future-ready nurse who holds strong professional values, is able to exercise clinical judgement, challenge inequality, champion diversity and uphold the integrity of the profession whilst delivering high quality, person-centred compassionate care.
A diverse range of career opportunities are available within the NHS and private sectors in the UK and overseas. This course provides a stepping stone from which you can develop your expertise. You have the opportunity to explore future career and academic development opportunities, including becoming an NMC professional registrant, plus possible progression to becoming a non-medical prescriber, an advanced practitioner, alumni member or graduate researcher. Progression to doctoral studies may also be considered on completion of the course.
- A Partnership in Care – Valuing the Experts by Experience
- Contemporary Public Health in Nursing Practice
- Developing a Skilled and Compassionate Learning Disability Nurse
- Integrating Evidence-based Decision Making in Learning Disability Nursing
- Biopsychosocial Assessment and Decision Making in Learning Disability Nursing
- Leading Innovative Evidence-Based Nursing
- 26 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1014 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- You must meet the course academic entry requirements and be highly motivated towards a career in adult nursing, demonstrate a good insight into the nurse’s role within the health and social care arena, and have excellent communication skills.
- Pre-registration nursing courses are typically three years, so in order to join this two-year master’s degree, you need to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). You must produce a portfolio of evidence which confirms that you have a minimum of 500 hours of appropriate healthcare experience, either paid or voluntary. Further details about RPL, including guidance on the development of your portfolio, is sent to you upon successful completion of an interview.
- a minimum of two GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above including English language and maths. Key Skills/Functional Skills Level 2 in Communication and Application of Number can be accepted in place of GCSEs
International14500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14500 GBP per year during 26 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 26 months.
Living costs for Middlesbrough
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.