Societies around the world today face a major challenge: rethinking their development model in order to lay the foundations for a more sustainable, positive and equitable future. This challenge requires an interdisciplinary approach, interlinkages between different fields of research, a shared commitment to scientific and educational potential and deeper collaboration with the environment. Sustainable Development (SD) studies respond to this challenge.
The guiding idea of education in the field of Sustainable Development (hereinafter: SD) is interdisciplinary. This reflects the organization of the educational process based on a harmonious involvement under the chairmanship and involvement of the University Center for Environmental Studies and Sustainable Development (UCBS) of eight units of the University of Warsaw. The following faculties of the University of Warsaw take part in the preparation of the new faculty of study: Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and Regional Studies, Geology, Economic Sciences, Law and Administration and the Faculty of Management at the University of Warsaw. The SD studies will be conducted at the second level of education. SD studies offer integrated knowledge, its broad but in-depth understanding in various areas of science. The programme gives insight into the complexity of sustainability challenges as well as the variety of available solutions. Knowledge, skills and social competences passed during the studies support the shaping of an individual view of the world, building an open and critical attitude to the changing reality.
Due to the interdisciplinary nature of the Sustainable Development programme and the participation of staff from many faculties of the University of Warsaw, classes will take place at various faculties of the University of Warsaw, however most classes will take place on the Ochota campus.
- For more information please visit the official website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development General Studies & Classics View 3 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- in case of application to first (BA) or long-cycle (MA) studies – the original of secondary school (maturity) certificate and transcript of grades
- n case of application to second-cycle (MA) studies – the higher education diploma (MA, BA, engineer diploma or equivalent) and transcript of grades obtained during the course of study
- a personal questionnaire, which includes candidate’s photo, printed out from candidate’s individual registration account in the IRK system and signed by the candidate
- an application for issuing electronic student’s id (ELS), which includes candidate’s photo, printed out from candidate’s individual registration account in the IRK system and signed by the candidate
- statement on becoming acquainted with the amount of fees for educational services at the University of Warsaw
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Warsaw
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.