University of Warsaw's English Studies major is considered part of the humanities. It encompasses courses in the fields of Theoretical and Applied Linguistics as well as those relating to the Literature and Culture of the nations of the Anglosphere, among them Great Britain, the United States, Ireland, Canada, Australia, the Republic of South Africa, and others. Emphasis is put on the practical application of the knowledge acquired.
The central theme of the program is the customization of study. Students choose their thesis seminars according to their interests and preferences. The choice of seminar determines course modules, including specialization courses.
Highly personalized course requirements encourage students to build their own study program under the guidance of a qualified thesis advisor. This study program not only gives students the opportunity to broaden their knowledge of either Linguistics or British and American Literature and Culture but also promotes cross-discipline research.
- Monographic Lecture: Theoretical Linguistics
- Monographic Lecture: Applied Linguistics
- Monographic Lecture: American Literature and Culture
- Monographic Lecture: British Literature and Culture
- Practical English Courses (CLIL)
- 24 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Linguistics View 5 other Masters in Linguistics in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- original of secondary school (maturity) certificate and transcript of grades
- the higher education diploma (MA, BA, engineer diploma or equivalent) and transcript of grades obtained during the course of study
- a personal questionnaire, which includes candidate’s photo, printed out from candidate’s individual registration account in the IRK system and signed by the candidate
- statement on becoming acquainted with the amount of fees for educational services at the University of Warsaw
- a document stating that the certificate / diploma entitles to undertake or continue university-level study in country in which the certificate
- if your higher education diploma does not give access to further studies in a country where it was obtained
International1202 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1202 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA1202 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1202 EUR per year during 24 months.
Full time is free of charge
Living costs for Warsaw
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.