University of Warsaw's Chemistry candidate first establishes a contact (alone or through a dean’s office) with a chosen academic employee who conducts scientific research interesting for the „Candidate”. This employee becomes a Scientific Supervisor. The studies will last 4 semesters, just like in the case of Polish-language studies. As in Polish-language studies, the course of Biochemistry and Nuclear Chemistry is obligatory. Theoretical Chemistry, Crystallography and Environmental/Instrumental Analysis are obligatory if the student didn’t complete these courses in the relevant thematic and hour dimension at the first level of studies. The student is required to collect 30 ECTS points.
As part of the directional subject (Directional Course) there is space for the individual student’s education path. The supervisor is required to indicate laboratory classes from the faculty offer, so that the student can get 7.5 ECTS points and prepare for further studies and research. The concept of this semester is to enable the student to adapt at the Faculty of Chemistry and to make more conscious choice of objects of interest. During the next semesters, the choice of subjects (specialization lectures, monographic lectures and workshops) will depend only on the student and his supervisor (the only requirement is to collect 30 ECTS in each semester). It is also obligatory to get a minimum of 5 ECTS in the field of humanities or social subjects. Students will be also encouraged to choose subjects at other faculties of the University of Warsaw and Warsaw University of Technology.
- Theoretical Chemistry
- Environmental Analysis
- Nuclear Chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry Biochemistry View 10 other Masters in Chemistry in Poland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- a master's degree, bachelor's, engineer's degree or equivalent (including the supplement) to make a copy and certify its conformity with the original;
- Certificate of Higher Education Diploma
- original sworn translations
- certificate of nostrification of the certificate/diploma, if applicable to the candidate
- application for admission to studies printed from a personal registration account of a candidate established in the Internet Registrar of Candidates
- a copy of the document confirming the identity of the candidate (passport) to confirm the copy of the original document;
- 2 current photographs in accordance with the requirements for the issuance of personal identification;
- application for Electronic Student ID (ELS), printed after the applicant has entered in the Internet Registry of Candidates his electronic photograph;
International645 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 645 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA645 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 645 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Warsaw
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.