Why study MSc Strength and Conditioning (Online Distance Learning) at Middlesex University?
At this Strength and Conditioning (Online Distance Learning) MSc course at the Middlesex University you will learn the skills you need to construct and deliver evidence-based strength and conditioning programmes and be taught how to assess, monitor, interpret and provide feedback in relation to changes in physical performance. Content delivery and assessment will enable you to competently undergo domestic and international professional accreditations within the industry, such as the UKSCA and NSCA.
The academics are active in coaching and research as well as currently working in the high performance sport industry. This ensures that all content has been specifically designed to have practical relevance within the industry, meaning you'll be fully prepared to advance your career.
You will be learning from experienced academics who currently work in high performance sport and consult with professional organisations and national governing bodies such as; the UKSCA, Men’s and women’s Premiership football and rugby, and British Weightlifting, to name a few. This ensures that all content has been specifically designed to have practical relevance within the industry, meaning you'll be full prepared to advance your career.
You'll gain hands-on experience during a 10-day residential at the StoneX Stadium, home of the Saracens Rugby Club which will help contextualise the online content in our world-class performance laboratories.
- You will be encouraged to publish your dissertation through peer-reviewed journals and conferences
- You will have the opportunity to make invaluable industry contacts
- You’ll receive free electronic textbooks for every module, among other university services and benefits.
This Strength and Conditioning master’s degree opens doors to a number of exciting career path, with excellent career progression opportunities.
With the ever-increasing focus in the sporting world on achieving the best results possible, strength and conditioning coaches are in high demand.
Graduates have found success at professional and elite organisations such as:
- English Institute of Sport (EIS)
- Arsenal FC
- Chelsea FC
- Saracens RFC
- Notts Cricket Club
- NFL Academy
- British Weightlifting
- Strength and Conditioning Science
- Performance Training and Corrective Exercise
- Research Methods
- Professional Placement
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Counselling Sports Sciences View 510 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
- a second class honours degree 2:2 or above, or equivalent qualification in a sports or exercise related field
- Applicants with an undergraduate degree in non-related areas will be considered subject to relevant industry experience and professional qualifications
- Distance education students will be required to work within the field of athletic development. This may include professional clubs, governing bodies and/or private athletic training
International11000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11000 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National8400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8400 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.