Beijing Normal University Law School was formally established in 2006. Our current Dean is Professor LU Jianping, who is Executive Vice Chairman of the China Branch of the International Association of Criminal Law, Vice Chairman of the China Criminal Law Research Association, and Vice Chairman of the Chinese Society of Criminology.
Although it is young, BNU Law School has made outstanding achievements in various fields. The school was ranked 9th in the Chinese mainland and 26st in Asia in the 2019 QS rankings. At the same time, BNU Law School is a member of the first batch of China’s excellent education training bases for legal talents.
- Furthermore, BNU Law School has a master’s program in Chinese Law, and has launched the International E-Commerce Law Joint Certification Program with the United Nations Commission on International Trade Law.
- By recruiting and training foreign students, BNU Law School makes efforts to create a diverse cultural environment for faculty members and students alike.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesInternational Law Civil & Private Law Master of Laws (LLM) View 11 other Masters in Master of Laws (LLM) in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- 1. Applicants should be in good health and of good character, respect Chinese habits and customs and be willing to abide by both Chinese Law & Regulations as well as the university's Rules & Regulations.
- 2. Applicants should be non-Chinese citizens holding a foreign passport and under 50 years old (Date of Birth is before August 31, 1971).
- 3. Applicants for Master's Degrees should have a degree equivalent (or above) to a Bachelor's degree from a Chinese university.
- 4. Language proficiency requirements for English-taught programs:
- Applicants from non-English speaking countries should submit proof of English language proficiency. Please refer to the specific English proficiency requirements of each major taught in English：
- There is no need to submit proof of English proficiency such as IELTS or TOEFL in the following two cases:
International9220 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9220 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Beijing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.