- This Diagnostic Radiography (Pre-Registration) course from University of Derby is one of a very small number of MSc Pre-Registration courses in Diagnostic Radiography in the UK, and currently the only one in the region
- Study a course approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), meaning you'll be eligible to apply for registration as a Diagnostic Radiographer as soon as you graduate, as long as you meet the HCPC’s requirements.
- Develop as a competent, reflective practitioner who is capable of working both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Enhance your critical thinking, enquiry and research skills using state-of-the-art facilities, including our Clinical Skills Suite which contains a purpose-built Diagnostic imaging suite to match the equipment you'll use in your career
- Engage with an enthusiastic, experienced teaching team who use a variety of learning approaches to help you develop your professional and academic skills
- Explore your passion in a variety of work placement opportunities including large teaching hospitals which offer a wide range of imaging modalities, to smaller community hospitals offering more locally based care
- Enhance your employability and career prospects, building on the skill and knowledge of your undergraduate degree
In addition to developing the necessary technical and professional skills required for safe and effective clinical practice, you will develop a deep and critical understanding of the profession, vital for shaping the future of radiography.
When you graduate you will be able to apply for registration with the UK Health and Care Professions Council as a Diagnostic Radiographer and work in the rapidly expanding field of medical imaging, as long as you meet the HCPC’s requirements.
The employment prospects for our Diagnostic Radiography students are excellent. In 2016, the majority of graduates from our BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography gained employment as Radiographers, with many being offered jobs by their placement hospital.
Once you have successfully completed your studies and worked as a Radiographer, the skills you have learnt on this course will put you in a great position to develop your career further in areas such as advanced practice, leadership and research. The University of Derby offer a range of CPD opportunities and Master’s level modules to support your career development.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Imaging Physics - Principles and Applications
- Skeletal Imaging and Practice One
- Soft Tissue Imaging and Practice One
- Research Skills for Evidence Based Practice
- Preparation for Practitioner Status
- Independent Scholarship
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMedical Imaging View 27 other Masters in Medical Imaging in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Derby and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You’ll need to hold a science or health care related degree at 2:1 or above. If your degree is over five years old, then we would normally expect evidence of successful study at level 6 or above in the past two years.
- You must also have five GSCE passes at grade C or above, including maths and English language. If your first degree is not in a pure science (biology, chemistry or physics), or you do not have a pure science A level at grade B or above, then you must have at least one pure science at GCSE, grade C or above.
- You must also have undertaken some recent work experience in a Radiography department.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP per year during 24 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.