This department researches in 3 areas including Engineering Geology (EG), Earth Exploration and Information Technology (EEIT), and Geological Resource Exploration Engineering(GREE).
EG researches formation mechanism of geological hazards and their mitigation, soil mechanics and engineering in special soil mass, rock mechanics and rock mass engineering, earth exploration and information technology, especially related to railway route selection issues in these areas.
The Geotechnical Engineering program is offered by the Southwest Jiaotong University.
EEIT studies the theories, methods and technologies of airborne and surface geophysical exploration, and provides data for the division of geological structure, the identification of geological body and the determination of physical and mechanical parameters of rock and soil mass.
GREE focuses the research of unconventional resources including their formation mechanism, exploration method and associated geological engineering.New opportunities arise in these researches due to the initiative of ONE BELT ONE ROAD, which allows and encourages the study on the theory, method, technique, and instruments in above areas.
The graduates are able to perform planning, surveying, design, construction, science and technology development, business management and the others related to the discipline. Master program is aimed to cultivate the graduates with all round developments in the specialism of engineering geology, earth exploration and information technology, and geological resource.
- Safety Engineering is empowered to cultivate both postgraduates and doctoral candidates (Civil Engineering Major with research in fire safety). We have developed a new talent-training mode, i.e., study and practice with the jointing effort of college and enterprise, and have long-standing relationships with a number of partners, e.g., Sichuan Fire Institute MEM, the Second Research Institute of CAAC, Shenzhen Municipal Design & Research Institute Co., Ltd, etc.
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 10 other Masters in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree or above
- Over 16 years old (including) and under 35 years old
- Healthy and non-Chinese citizen
International7296 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3648 EUR per semester during 36 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.