About the Program
This specially designed, English-taught degree China Studies program at Peking University aims to push the study of China beyond the boundaries of traditionally defined Humanities and Social Sciences disciplines. All Yenching Scholars receive a full fellowship that covers tuition, one round-trip journey to Beijing, accommodation on campus, basic health insurance, and a monthly stipend.
Each year the Yenching Academy admits 120 Scholars from 40+ countries and regions. In addition to coursework, scholars participate in field studies and self-designed research trips, taking advantage of opportunities to customize and maximize their experiences in Beijing, and within China’s leading university.
- China in Transition
- Chinese Language
- Topics in China Studies Lecture Series
- Academic Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies History General Studies & Classics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in any field or currently enrolled on a degree program awarded no later than August 31 of the year in which they wish to enroll;
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement, social responsibility, and leadership potential;
- English proficiency test scores
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens with a valid passport. Former citizens of the P.R.C., Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan must have switched their citizenship for at least six years before being eligible to apply as an international student.
International3944 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3944 EUR per year during 24 months.
National3944 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3944 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Beijing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.