The Political Communication programme of the University of Gothenburg examines the role of communication in political processes and what consequences it brings about for democratic societies. If you want advanced understanding of communication in a political context and its significance for democracy and power, you should apply.The courses combine theory and application. Thus, you will develop competences including strategic communication, crisis communication, and opinion analysis. You will explore various ways of understanding political communication including cultural and critical perspectives.
- Political Communication in the Digital Age
- Citizens, Politicians, and the Media
- Politics of Crisis Communication
- Applied Statistical Analysis
- Applied Qualitative Research Methods
- Applied Research Methods, Problems, and Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesJournalism Media Studies & Mass Media Political Science View 4 other Masters in Journalism in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree of 180 credits or corresponding
- Applicants must prove knowledge of English: English 6/English Course B from Swedish Upper Secondary School or the equivalent level of an internationally recognized test, for example TOEFL, IELTS
- Please don't forget that we also need CV and a Letter of intent
International8158 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16316 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Full education cost: 178,000 SEK
- No fees are charged for EU and EEA citizens, Swedish residence permit holders and exchange students.
Living costs for Göteborg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.