At the English programme of University of Worcester you will undertake a special study of evolving literary forms and genres, analysing the way in which forms emerge and genres change in response to social and cultural pressures.
Students will be encouraged to develop new specialist interests and research skills in the context of the interdisciplinary Modern Humanities which will culminate in an independent dissertation. Your dissertation will allow you to specialise in a subject of your own choosing, and work with individual guidance from an academic expert to produce a piece of ambitious literary research.
- Specialise in your chosen subject within the interdisciplinary environment of the modern Humanities
- Study the complexity and evolution of literary genres
- Study exciting contemporary themes such as the relationship between literature and medical science
- Develop your research skills to postgraduate standard, equipping you for professional research or application for doctoral study
- Gain relevant work experience while you study
- Join the thriving research culture of the School of Humanities and gain experience presenting your work at a postgraduate conference
Where could it take you?
As a graduate of Masters programmes in English you can work in a wide variety of careers, including:
- Media, including editing, production, copywriting, etc.
- Journalism, including print, broadcast, and digital media
- Teaching, at compulsory and post-compulsory levels
- Arts administration
- Charitable and voluntary sectors
- Civil Service
- Human Resources
- Retail management
- Doctoral research and academic careers
- Research Approaches in the Humanities and Arts
- Professional Development
- Digital Editing Project
- The New Humanities
- Evolving Genres
- 13 months
- 23 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 567 other Masters in Language Studies in United Kingdom
- BA, First or Second Class Honours in a relevant subject
- Applicants will be invited to an informal interview
International14100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14100 GBP per year during 13 months.
EU/EEA7290 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7290 GBP per year during 13 months.
Living costs for Worcester
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.