All these disciplines have a common basis in molecular genetics, which is the discipline that explains how the information in the genes is expressed and how it can give rise to various traits of an organism. Emphasis is also placed on subjects including genetic mechanisms underlying disease, mapping, and diagnostic methods.
Special features of the Molecular Biology, Molecular Genetics and Biotechnology programme from Lund University:
- Courses in genetics, cell biology, molecular biology, biotechnology and medical genetics
- Courses contain practical training in molecular biology techniques
- Includes training in the innovation process, entrepreneurship, and the commercialisation of biotechnology
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Methods in Molecular Biology
- Molecular Genetics of Eukaryotes
- Genetic Analysis
- Molecular Biotechnology
- Bioinformatics and Sequence Analysis
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor’s degree of at least 180 credits or the equivalent, of which 120 credits must be in science/biomedicine/engineering, including:
- 45 credits in molecular biology comprising genetics, cell biology and microbiology
- 30 credits in chemistry comprising biochemistry
- Proficiency in English equivalent to English 6/B from Swedish upper-secondary school.
International13742 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27484 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 290 000
The Lund University Global Scholarship programme is a merit-based and selective scholarship targeted at top academic students from countries outside the EU/EEA.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.