This specialisation in Ecosystems and Aquatic Ecology from Uppsala University, prepares you for jobs in water and natural resource management, and is connected to ongoing research.
In the programme with specialisation in Ecosystems and Aquatic Ecology, you will study the interactions between organisms and their environment. Ecology of inland waters (lakes and rivers) is an important part of the programme, but topics related to other natural and constructed ecosystems will also be included in the programme.
In this specialisation of the programme, you will:
- learn how ecosystems work, and in which way they are affected by human perturbations
- get a broad and holistic perspective on nature, by crossing disciplinary boundaries among such as Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Hydrology; however, with a focus on inland waters
- gain skills to analyse and judge the status of ecosystems and natural resources, by means of practical exercises.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Ecosystem Ecology
- Biodiversity and Ecosystem Function
- Ecosystems in the Anthropocene
- Master's thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEnvironmental Economics & Policy Aquaculture & Fisheries View 12 other Masters in Environmental Economics & Policy in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Kandidatexamen, from an internationally recognised university.
- 60 weeks of full-time studies (90 credits) in biology; or
- 40 weeks of full-time studies (60 credits) in biology plus 20 weeks of full-time studies (30 credits) in chemistry and/or earth sciences.
International9931 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19863 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
- Application Fee: SEK 900
- Tuition fee, first semester: SEK 72500
- Tuition fee, total: SEK 290000
Living costs for Uppsala
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.