Our Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering programs at University of Waterloo are open to students who satisfy our admission requirements.
- The Department also offers an Accelerated BASc-MASc degree program for current University of Waterloo undergraduate students who qualify for the program.
- The Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering Department offers an opportunity for full-time graduate student to carry out research under the supervision of a Professor who is expert in the subject field. You can contact prospective supervisors using our online form.
Graduate research fields
- Automation and Controls
- Fluid Mechanics
- Materials Engineering and Processing
- Solid-Body Mechanics and Mechanical Design
- Thermal Engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mechanical Engineering Mechatronics View 63 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Department of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering requires either (i) a 75% overall standing in the last two years, or equivalent, in a relevant four-year Honours Bachelor's degree or equivalent or (ii) a 75% overall standing or equivalent, in a relevant four-year Honours Bachelor's degree or equivalent, as the minimum requirement for admission to a Master's program for applicants educated at a Canadian institution. A 75% overall standing or equivalent, in a relevant four-year Honours Bachelor's degree or equivalent is the minimum requirement for admission to a Master's program for applicants educated outside of Canada.
- Two academic references
- Proof of English language proficiency, if applicable. TOEFL 80 (writing 22, speaking 20, reading 20, listening 18) IELTS 6.5 (writing 6.0, speaking 6.0)
International14508 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7254 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National4508 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2254 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Waterloo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.