Engineering and Applied Physics from Queen's University provides you with training in theory, computation,statistical modelling, and experimental methods as you pursue problems in fundamental and applied research.
A Master’s degree in Physics, Engineering Physics & Astronomy can take your career in many directions. Many of our MSc students choose to continue their academic inquiry with a PhD.
Our Master’s students are equipped with a strong foundation for careers in:
- Academia and research
- Medical technologies: radiation physics, x-ray physics
- Renewable energy
- Technology sector
- Condensed Matter Physics & Optics
- Engineering & Applied Physics
- Astrophysics & Astronomy
- Particle Physics & Particle Astrophysics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Astronomy & Space Sciences General Engineering & Technology View 169 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Queen's University and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Honours undergraduate degree in Science or Applied Science and Engineering.
- Mininum second class standing in undergraduate degree.
- If English is not a native language, prospective students must meet the English language proficiency requirements in writing, speaking, reading, and listening.
- Letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee
International20466 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 20466 CAD per year during 24 months.
National8093 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8093 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kingston
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.