The aim of the Petroleum Engineering study from Technical University of Ostrava is to educate a qualified expert in the field of reservoir and exploitation engineering, respectively an expert for working on a drilling rig (for drilling of deep wells with heavy drilling rigs or workover drilling rigs, eventually for rigs for liquidation or re-liquidation wells).
Thanks to complex knowledge of geology, technics and technology exploitation and storage of hydrocarbons, students will be able to solve operational problems of oil engineering.
In the area of hydrocarbon exploitation and underground gas storage, these include the issues of daily production of wells, the intensification of exploitation and the planning and execution of workover jobs, as well as the liquidation of wells.
In the field of deep drilling, it is mainly about practical knowledge of operating individual drilling rig technologies (mud engineering, drilling rig machinery, drilling and casing strings, etc.).
- Knowledge of mining technology and processing of minerals
- Knowledge of management
- Project management
- Expert knowledge in the field of power engineering
- Knowledge of mining law
- Knowledge of the development of plans and documentation related to mining activity or activity carried out in a mining manner
- Application of computer design programmes
- Knowledge of raw materials and their use
- Reading technical documentation
Programme StructureGraduate's knowledge
- The master's degree program "Petroleum Engineering" is a comprehensive study program that includes a number of disciplines such as geology, chemistry, physics, mechanics, mechanical engineering, materials engineering, IT technology and more, including good language skills.
- Graduates of this study program are in great demand worldwide and quality education in these disciplines plays a key role.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Geology Mining, Oil & Gas View 5 other Masters in Geology in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Technical University of Ostrava and/or in Czech Republic, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- e-Application form
- Copies of graduation certificates (Diploma and Diploma Supplement or Transcript of Records)
- Recognition document of graduation certificate - official document to say that the degree is recognized in the Czech Republic
- Payment of Registration Fee 500 CZK per 1 study programme, it is non-refundable.
- Valid visa and passport.
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
National4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Ostrava
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.