The International Master’s Programme in Environmental Management and Policy from Lund University's students are challenged to develop professional skills, knowledge and networks in close collaboration with industry and society – to this end, the EMP is set up to convey a detailed and methodical understanding of technical systems.
Our teaching approach is characterized by a multidisciplinary and multicultural classroom - features that apply to both teachers and students – contributing to a creative atmosphere that pervades the whole of the institute.
EMP courses are allocated to five major blocks:
- Courses teaching knowledge and skills fundamental for all sustainability professionals
- Courses related to Corporate Environmental Management
- Courses related to environmental policy at urban, regional, national and international levels
- Elective courses that allow students to choose between going deeper into environmental policy or environmental management, including team-based consulting or an internship
- Capstone courses that allow for a focused specialization built on applying all preceding learning in the programme to specific tasks and circumstances
An EMP MSc graduate will have opened the door to a wide range of environment- and sustainability-focused careers on the international. Our alumni have taken positions in industry, consultancy, government, EU bodies, NGOs and international organisations such as the UN, the World Bank and the OECD. Several graduates have continued as entrepreneurs, or have enrolled in PhD programmes and then pursued academic or business careers. In effect, our alumni are integrated into all relevant professional sectors related to sustainability.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Science and the Anthropocene
- Conceptualisations of Sustainability
- Fundamentals of Technical Systems
- Fundamentals of Economics and Economic Evaluation of Environmental Change
- Analytical Methods for Systemic Assessment of Products and Services. Lifecycle Assessment
- Environmental Law and Policy in Practice
- Environmental Management and Strategy in Practice – Business Consulting
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
You can apply between mid-October to 15 January for studies starting in the autumn semester
DisciplinesPublic Policy Environmental Management View 6 other Masters in Public Policy in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree (BA/BSc) of at least 180 credits or the equivalent foreign degree from an internationally recognised university.
- The final selection is based on academic grades and relevant work experience in addition to the statement of purpose written by the applicants and recommendations given.
International14582 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29164 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 300 000
Living costs for Lund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.