From a fundamentally practical standpoint, in that change starts in the reality of today, our students are challenged to develop professional skills, knowledge and networks in close collaboration with the surrounding society.
Key features of the Environmental Management and Policy programme from Lund University include its interdisciplinary, international and applied nature. The dual focus on environmental policy and environmental management is another central feature. This is based on our conviction that decision makers within both environmental policy and environmental management benefit vastly from having this mutual understanding. Increasingly we find that many alumni, regardless of their employer, work in the intersection of public policy and corporate management to move the environmental agenda further.
An EMP MSc graduate will have opened the door to a wide range of environment- and sustainability-focused careers on the international. Our alumni have taken positions in industry, consultancy, government, EU bodies, NGOs and international organisations such as the UN, the World Bank and the OECD. Several graduates have continued as entrepreneurs, or have enrolled in PhD programmes and then pursued academic or business careers. In effect, our alumni are integrated into all relevant professional sectors related to sustainability.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Science and the Anthropocene
- Conceptualisations of Sustainability
- Fundamentals of Technical Systems
- Fundamentals of Economics and Economic Evaluation of Environmental Change
- Introduction to Business Management and Corporate Responsibility
- Introduction to Policy and Law
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An undergraduate degree (BA/BSc) of at least 180 credits or the equivalent foreign degree from an internationally recognised university.
- The final selection is based on academic grades and relevant work experience in addition to the statement of purpose written by the applicants and recommendations given.
International14338 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 28676 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 300 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.