The Master's programme in Biology, Aquatic Ecology from Lund University provides knowledge on current theories and models of aquatic ecosystems, the relation between watershed, atmosphere, lakes and streams, interactions between humankind and aquatic ecosystems, and water management. Practical training in laboratory and field methodology is also emphasised.
Career prospectsAfter graduation many students of marine ecology/limnology find employment within the water management sector, e.g. as ecologists in municipal or county councils or in consulting agencies. In these positions your assignments could include environmental monitoring, consulting on matters concerning water and assessment of measures that may affect the water environment. The programme also provides a solid grounding that prepares you for post graduate studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Limnology and Marine Ecology – Concepts and Processes
- Limnology and Marine Ecology – Organism and Habitats
- Aquatic Ecology
- Water Management
- Modelling Biological Systems
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
You should apply between mid-October to 15 January for studies starting in the autumn semester
DisciplinesAquaculture & Fisheries Ecology View 15 other Masters in Ecology in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree of at least 180 credits, of which 90 credits must be in science, including 5 credits in statistics and 60 credits in biology comprising cell biology, genetics, microbiology, ecology, botany and zoology, or the equivalent.
- Proficiency in English equivalent to English 6/B from Swedish upper-secondary school.
- Based on grades awarded for previous academic courses, as well as a statement of purpose for the application and qualifications from research/work of relevance to the study programme (from the applicant s Summary sheet ).
International14096 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28192 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 290 000
Living costs for Lund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.