In the Biology, Animal Ecology programme from Lund University, you will achieve skills in analysing and understanding how evolutionary and ecological processes form appearance, physiology and behaviour in animals. You will also learn how to analyse costs and benefits of different traits and how these are optimised to form reproductive and survival strategies. We offer an excellent research environment, particularly in topics such as animal migration, molecular ecology, life history trade-offs, disease resistance in natural populations and host-parasite interactions. You will use modern field and laboratory methods in studies of ecological and evolutionary issues applied on animals in basic research, as well as applied conservation-related research. Special emphasis is on birds as model systems.
Career prospects:The knowledge and skills you will gain on this programme open doors to employment within many sectors in academia and the public sector. The programme provides you with a solid grounding for PhD studies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Population and Community Ecology,
- Evolutionary Animal Ecology, Molecular Ecology
- Evolution/Conservation Biology
- Sensory Biology
- Modelling Biological Systems
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor s degree of at least 180 credits, of which 90 credits must be in science, including 5 credits in statistics and 60 credits in biology comprising cell biology, genetics, ecology and zoology, or the equivalent. Proficiency in English equivalent to English 6/B from Swedish upper-secondary school.
- Based on grades awarded for previous academic courses, as well as a statement of purpose for the application and qualifications from research/work of relevance to the study programme (from the applicant s Summary sheet ).
International13742 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27484 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 290 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.