The basis for bioinformatics is the massive amount of biological sequence data derived from genomic studies and structural biology and stored in large databases. Computational biology also involves mathematical modelling of biological systems.
Graduates of the Bioinformatics programme from Lund University, have a diverse set of employers to choose between, both in industry as bioinformatics or biocomputing specialists and in academia. Previous graduates have found employment with Silicon Genetics and Novozymes, as well as in research groups including at Harvard Medical School and in Developmental Biology at Lund University.
The demand for qualified bioinformaticians still exceeds the supply. Graduates have a diverse set of employers to choose between, both in industry, health care and academia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bioinformatics and Sequence Analysis
- Bioinformatics: Programming in Python
- Modelling Biological Systems
- Processing and Analysis of Biological Data
- DNA Sequencing Informatics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Health Informatics Bioinformatics View 3 other Masters in Health Informatics in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor s degree of at least 180 credits in molecular biology, biomedicine, biology, bioinformatics, biotechnology, microbiology, biochemistry, computer science, mathematics or the equivalent. Proficiency in English equivalent to English 6/B from Swedish upper-secondary school.
- Based on grades awarded for previous academic courses, as well as a statement of purpose for the application and qualifications from research/work of relevance to the study programme (from the applicant s Summary sheet ).
International13742 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27484 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 290 000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.