The Bioinformatics programme from Lund University trains students from different fields in the computational analysis of biological data. Bioinformatics is an interdisciplinary field that develops methods and software tools for understanding biological data. It combines biology, computer science and statistics to analyze this data.
New technologies in genomics and proteomics have revolutionized modern research in biology and medicine during the past decade. Scientific discovery now relies heavily on efficient handling and analysis of the enormous amount of data generated from wet lab experiments.
Graduates have a diverse set of employers to choose from, mainly in academia, but also in industry and in the medical sector. You can work as a bioinformatician, biostatistician, biocomputing specialist or in related positions. Previous graduates have found employment with Silicon Genetics and Novozymes, as well as in research groups including Harvard Medical School.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bioinformatics and Sequence Analysis
- Bioinformatics: Programming in Python
- Modelling Biological Systems
- Processing and Analysis of Biological Data
- DNA Sequencing Informatics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
You can apply between mid-October to 15 January for studies starting in the autumn semester
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics Genetics View 20 other Masters in Bioinformatics in Sweden
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree of at least 180 credits in molecular biology, biomedicine, biology, bioinformatics, biotechnology, microbiology, biochemistry, computer science, mathematics or the equivalent. Proficiency in English equivalent to English 6/B from Swedish upper-secondary school.
- Based on grades awarded for previous academic courses, as well as a statement of purpose for the application and qualifications from research/work of relevance to the study programme (from the applicant s Summary sheet ).
International14096 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28192 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
Full programme/course tuition fee: SEK 290 000
Living costs for Lund
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.