Produce self-reflexive counsellors who can:
- develop and maintain respectful, caring and collaborative therapeutic relationships and
- effectively function both independently and within multi-disciplinary settings; Prepare counsellors to work in a variety of settings with clients of diverse ages, backgrounds and life issues; Highlight the importance of lifelong learning that is informed by counselling-focused research, set within ongoing professional development.
Course includes assisting students with locating placements, 100 direct client contact hours and 25 hours of clinical supervision, along with free personal counselling. This combination meets the highest training standards as specified by PACFA 2014 Training Standards.This Counselling program from Excelsia College is suited for:
- current counsellors seeking additional training at a post-graduate level;
- Individuals with undergraduate qualifications (or equivalent) wanting to enter the counselling profession;
- Other professionals seeking to diversify and extend their current skill set or change career direction.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Counseling Skills
- Counseling Theories and Models
- Approaches to Mental Health
- Relational Dynamics
- Development and Diversity
- Ethical Issues and Practice
- Group Process
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 90 other Masters in Psychology in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Code: 056057J
Applicants may be admitted to the Master of Counselling if they have previously successfully completed a relevant:
- Bachelor degree or
- Bachelor Honours degree
International42440 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42440 AUD per year during 24 months.
National40384 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 40384 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.