The world is under threat from climate change, overconsumption, and ever-increasing pollution.
Are you interested in contributing to the solutions of these in a sustainable way? If so, then the online Master's programme in Environmental Engineering for Sustainable Development from Mälardalen University is a great choice!
Though the programme is based entirely online, we provide ample opportunities for interaction with fellow classmates as well as lecturers in the programme, through our modern digital platforms.
Strongly correlated with ongoing research
This Master's programme is hosted by the Division of Environmental Engineering and Energy Processes at Mälardalen University, where a group of internationally recognised researchers investigate the most significant environmental challenges facing us today.
The Master’s programme is strongly correlated with our ongoing research, allowing us to provide insight into the current state of the field as well as emerging technologies. You will thus be well prepared for a future career in environmental engineering, including working or conducting research in related fields.
Employment and Future Prospects
This programme will give you an in-depth understanding of current and future environmental challenges, and provide you with tools to meet these challenges through a lens of sustainable development.
Future employers of our graduates include industry, consulting firms and public organisations (such as municipalities and government agencies) in fields related to environmental engineering.
- Environmental Engineering
- Mathematics/applied mathematics
- Elective, Environmental Engineering
- Degree project
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering Environmental Management Environmental Sciences
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Bachelor's degree from an institution of higher education of three years or more, equivalent to at least 180 credits with a major in engineering or science. Students with a degree in a subject other than engineering or science must have at least two years of working experience in an engineering field.
- A TOEFL test result, with a minimum score 575 with a TWE score of at least 4.5 (PBT) or 90 with a TWE score of at least 20 (iBT), or an IELTS test result with an overall band score of at least 6.5 and no band score below 5.5, or equivalent is required.
International12689 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25379 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
For students outside EU/EEA
- Per installment prior to each semester: 67500 SEK
- Annual tuition fee: 135000 SEK
- Total programme fee: 270000 SEK
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.