Chemistry is essential to our modern lives. The industrial applications of fundamental chemistry knowledge directly affect us daily – what we eat, what we wear, our transport, the technology we use, how we treat illnesses and how we get electricity – to name just a few.
The design of new sustainable materials and chemical products requires an understanding of the synthesis and physical/chemical properties of substances, as well as the relationship between the structure and the properties.
During your studies, you will expand your understanding of the complex instrumental analysis processes and will learn to assess the value of new technologies. Your deep knowledge in chemistry and instrumental analysis together with research skills will equip you with an ability to form and solve both fundamental and industry challenges in the field.
After graduating from Applied Chemistry programme at Kaunas University of Technology you will be able to develop sustainable and socially responsible materials and chemical products, meeting the society’s needs for inovative products.
The graduates of MSc Applied Chemistry study program are the innovation leaders – they can shape the society’s attitudes towards science and industry as the drivers of human well-being. Relying on the latest chemistry and chemical technology achievements, they can seek a career in high-technology research and industrial companies. They develop environmentally friendly smart materials that are improving the quality of our daily lives.
- apply knowledge of chemistry and technology of functional materials, perform procedures of synthesis and analysis, and solve problems arising in production;
- work with various equipment of instrumental analysis;
- perform research of chemical materials, their composition and properties applying knowledge of chemical sciences; to search for possibilities of their application in practice.
Students will gain competences of:
- Understanding and application of the latest methods of instrumental analysis;
- Knowledge of chemistry of cosmetic preparations, their raw materials and properties, selection of production technology and equipment for production;
- Knowledge of inorganic materials chemistry and technology, identification of links between properties and application area of biomedical polymers;
- Knowledge of functional organic materials chemistry and technology; selection of synthesis methods, properties of materials and research methods.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Chemical Kinetics and Catalysis
- Collected Chapters of Chemistry
- Liquid and Gas Chromatography
- Spectroscopy of Organic Compounds
- Chemistry of Skin Proteins
- Chemistry of Colour Application
- Chemistry of Polymer Coatings
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Chemistry Mining, Oil & Gas
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- University bachelor degree certificate
- Engineering, Technology, Physical, Life, Health, Veterinary or Agricultural Sciences study field degree; ≥18 ECTS completed in the Chemistry study field subjects.
- Often you can get a suitable transcript of bachelor degree from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
- The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
- The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4916 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4916 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4916 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4916 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Kaunas
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.