You will be supported by our committed, experienced and supportive tutors to plan, resource and deliver exciting and innovative lessons to pupils of all secondary ages and abilities. The course offers clear opportunities to develop your subject knowledge and learn from other students from a variety of art and design backgrounds. It includes extensive training in schools, so you are really well prepared for a career in art and design teaching.
You will learn how to teach your subject effectively, enthusiastically and successfully - from the basics of structuring and planning lessons through to developing pupils’ personal skills and confidence.
Join the PGCE Secondary Art and Design with QTS (11-16) programme at University of Cumbria .
Your Career with a PGCE Teaching Qualification
This course has QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) built-in, allowing you to apply and go straight into a successful career as a teacher of art & design. Graduates have secured teaching jobs in secondary schools, independent schools, sixth form colleges and primary schools.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Investigating Teaching and Learning
- Investigating Teaching and Learning Across and Beyond the School Curriculum
- Developing professional skills, knowledge and practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Secondary Education Art Education View 563 other Masters in Visual Arts in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You are welcome to apply if you have a degree in any Art and Design related subject, for example fine art, graphic design, fashion and textiles, product design, 3D design, new media, ceramics, or history of art (with 50% practical content).
- A minimum UK 2:2 honours degree or recognised equivalent qualification is required, however strong preference will be given to applicants with 2:1 honours degrees. Your degree must contain evidence of a substantial and appropriate level of subject knowledge.
- If you don't have an undergraduate degree but do have a Masters or other higher qualification, your application will be considered by our academic tutors on a one-to-one basis.
- GCSE grade C/4 or above in English Language and Mathematics or equivalent qualifications.
- A satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) background clearance check prior to starting the course.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13250 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Lancaster
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.